It’s important to remember a few important points when selecting a treatment for your hair. Hair type, hair health, and overall outcome will determine which treatment you end up choosing. You can always schedule a consultation with BT on the Blvd to have one of our trained stylists assess the needs of your hair.
We’re going to touch on the differences between a Brazilian Blowout treatment and a Keratin treatment.
First things, it’s important to remember that neither permanently alter the structure of the hair. These treatment are creating a protein layer around the hair shaft that smooths the cuticle leaving your hair shiny and ready to fight the humidity. You need to be sure that after either one of these treatments that you are using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, which is necessary to provide lasting effects.
Key Features of a Brazilian Blowout:
- Customizable/more flexible, great for all hair types, no waiting period after service performed, finished in salon within 80 minutes, no line of demarcation with new hair growth.
- Keeps volume & movement
- Suitable to transition to from relaxer
Key Features of a Keratin Treatment:
- Takes up to 3 hours in salon to complete & a 72 hour waiting period before washing
- Calms unruly hair, gives a straighter appearance and reduces volume
- Ideal candidate is someone with overly unruly & overly voluminous hair. Not recommended for someone with fine or thin hair.
No matter which option you end up choosing, based on your needs, both treatments will leave you with sleek, shiny, frizz-free hair!